Health benefits of liposomal Vitamin C

What is lyposomal vitamin C?

Liposomes are very small (‘nano – sized’) fat soluble transporters, that carry nutrients in the blood directly to the body’s cells. Liposomes, are encapsulated supplements, that are capable of holding large amounts of vitamin c molecules, packaged up in a ‘protective fatty layer’, that stops the nutrients been excreted out of the body. Vitamin C, that is not contained within a liposome, is water soluble and has as little as 20 % absorption rates, with the other 80% been excreted out of the body. Whereas  a far higher amount of liposomal vitamin C passes directly through the the lining of the digestive tract into the blood stream, where almost 90 % of it is absorbed directly into the cells.

Vitamin C plays a critical role in supporting the immune system and in helping to protect the joints and arteries from the damaging effects of free radicals, through its actions as a powerful anti- oxidant. Vitamin C also acts as an anti – histamine and helps to reduce inflammatory symptoms associated with allergies, cold’s and flu. Vitamin C also has a range of other health benefits:

  • It prevents the oxidation of cholesterol in the bloodstream
  • Vitamin C improves lung function and can help decrease inflammation within the airways, providing a positive effect in lessening the symptoms of asthma and respiratory tract infections.
  • Vitamin C helps to regulate the damaging effects of high blood sugar levels in individuals with diabetes and heart disease.
  • Liposomal vitamin C therapy has been shown to have positive effects in patients with the early stages of cancer, when combined with other forms of treatment

Contraindications:

Individuals who are taking blood thinning medication, or are pregnant, should take lower doses of Liposomal vitamin C and it is advisable to consult a Doctor or other healthcare professional to discuss this.

 

l>